Monday, November 11, 2013

Woopdy woop woopdy woop woop.

I wish I lived in the eighties but my parents got hitched twenty years too late. 
I'm just a few years away from growing up with real leather skirts, mullets, upturned collars and moon boots.
I'm mostly bitter because I've been labeled "entitled".
of course it's in quotations because the generation before us likes to make snark comments. 
Come on grandpa if i really thought i was entitled i'd have stolen all your money by now. 
and let's be honest the nineties and early two thousands were kind of a let down. 
What were we thinking? chokers and tube tops. platform flip flops (but of course they were called thongs.) 
not to mention gauchos. Those awkward flowing pants. Oh and our hair. We liked to put it in spiky messy buns. So here's to the eighties because Ferris Bueller, you were toooooo Bitchin'. And let's not forget the phrase "Eat my shorts". Thank you breakfast club. 






4 comments:

  1. "So here's to the eighties because Ferris Bueller, you were toooooo Bitchin'."

    AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes they lived in the eighties. Hahahaha!! I love this post!

    ReplyDelete